Lake Mocearu is located in the commune of Chiliile, at 775 m altitudine, in the middle of Buzau Mountains and the future GEOPARK Buzau. The lake has a surface of around 1 hectar and a depth of 8 meters. The locals say that the lake has subaquatic eyes to explain the various victims of people swimming there.
Besides this legend, the lake and already the way to the lake shows one the most beautiful corners of Buzau county. The lake is in the middle of the nature, surrounded by forests and far away from the next town. A silent place with a nice view to Buzau Mountains. A currently new opened guest-house is situated exactly near the bank of the lake.
- Location: Chiliile
- GPS: N45.468016, E26.551723
- Access: by car from Lopatari, DJ203K, direction Plaiul Nucului, most of this country road is not asphalted at all, but the road conditions are – depending on the weather – generally good
- Accommodation: Slanic Valley – Bisoca – Lopatari
- Guided tours: Secrets of the future Geopark Buzau
- Other sights in the surroundings: Living Fire, White Stone of Manzalesti, Meledic Plateau & Lake